Kindergarten students and their families are asked to visit the school to complete a kindergarten screening and complete registration paperwork. Registration for the 2020-21 school year is scheduled for August 4, 12-7pm, and August 5, 8am-2pm.
SIGN UP FOR A KINDERGARTEN SCREENING & REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT BY CLICKING THIS LINK.
Parents/guardians will complete and/or turn in registration paperwork, including verifying guardianship and residency.
- Parents establish guardianship of their child by turning in a copy of the birth certificate and a photo ID.
- New families must verify that they live in the district by providing appropriate documentation (click here for more information). If an older sibling already attends in-district, residency is already established.
- Registration fees are paid at registration. For Kindergarten students, this includes a $95 book rental fee, $26/semester milk break (optional), and a $2 communication folder.
- If your child will ride the school bus, you will sign up for transportation with the bus company representative.
The parent consent form should be filled out and submitted electronically before registration.
The student handbook is available here, for review.
These forms can be filled out online, printed, and brought to registration.
We encourage families to complete these forms in advance to save time at registration, but paper copies will be available to complete at the school if you are unable to print.
At the screening, students are given basic assessments to determine their strengths by one of our Kindergarten teachers. These assessments include letter and number identification, letter sounds, and counting objects. The results help teachers plan their instruction at the start of the year based on each student’s needs.
Kindergarten students in Illinois are required to have a physical, eye, and dental exam. Parents or guardians should:
- Schedule an appointment for a physical with their pediatrician. Take the physical exam form with you.
- Schedule an eye exam with an eye doctor. Take the vision exam form with you.
- Schedule a dental appointment with their dentist. Take the dental exam form with you.
The physical and eye exam are due on the first day of school
New students are required to have a birth certificate on file with the school. If you do not already have a certified copy of your child’s birth certificate, obtain a certified copy from the County Clerk's Office, located at 1776 E. Washington Street, Urbana.
Each year we dedicate the first two days of school to Kindergarten Conferences. Parents will sign up for a 20-min conference that allows them and their child an opportunity to meet the teacher, tour the classroom, and get acquainted before the first day of school. Parents and guardians will sign up for a conference at registration.
Kindergarten conferences are scheduled for August 19 & 20.
The first day of school for Kindergarten students is Friday, August 21.